Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Biding Time

Man does the waiting game suck !! Without a beta key I have nothing to write about. However, in the interest of keeping my reader happy, I will attempt to ramble on about something.

First, the Deathknight. They are looking fantastic, without a beta key I can only watch videos and read postings but I am still very excited and looking forward to racing Chickenpox through to 80. I am completely torn however, I can't decide which spec to take. To make it worse I can't even eliminate one !! All three trees are looking fantastic, fun and different from each other. I dont intend to respec for a bit after I get going, probably not till Northrend at least, although with the DK teleport spell I can probably do it quite quick so as not to lose any down time. I will probably start off Blood or Unholy, Blood for zero downtime with self-healing or Unholy for great AOE, although Frost is looking like it has good AOE as well. See, very confusing.

Also, there is the matter of professions. I have gone on record saying that I will be taking Engineering and Inscription. Well, I'm not so sure anymore. Blacksmithing is looking great but very scary to level. We have a lot of people in Heroes interested in levelling Inscription and they will be at 375 before WOTLK hits due to the preview patch so I think I will pass on that. I have been thinking about taking Mining to supplement BSmithing if I take it, but I would want to be at 300 when I hit Outland to make levelling it less of a pain, but I also want ~zero downtime (I don't want to spend a day or two in Azeroth mining low ores.) What's a guy to do ?? I could level JCing but I have one at 375 already and its not like a JCer needs to go out and farm much. I guess I just need to wait and see what some of the BOP recipes provide before deciding which I should take but that leaves me less time to farm up mats. Oh, well. I should have a month or two regardless. Which brings me to my next point, how to retain my interest for 2 more months.

Fynn: I finally levelled my rogue to 70 and have been BGing like crazy to get PVP gear. I have noticed I have more fun in BG's with the rogue than I ever have before but I definitely notice the gear gap. I am far too squishy and I hit like a wet noodle most of the time, although getting the Merciless fist weapon helped a lot. My brief intro to the arena did not go well, I found I had a lot of trouble with my UI and there is far too many buttons to push as a rogue for my pseudo bind/click style to keep up with. I also sucked, but I have no love for 2v2 maybe 5v5 will feel more fun to me.

Hunter (no name yet): Although I have a 25 hunter, I hate the name she has so I will be starting a new one in hopes of reaching 60 quickly. I am going to hop on the bandwagon and tame a Devilsaur and someday in the far future a Rhino. I will probably start this next week and hopefully hit 60 before the patch 3.0.2 goes live.

Sonar (level 60 Druid): Have no plans for this character but remains an option to level if I get bored.

When patch 3.0.2 goes live everyone will be able to test out the new talents on their mains and somewhat decide on specs and stuff. I, however, will not be able to do this since my main does not exist yet. I could start a character with the same name that will ultimately become deleted but that would be only for RP purposes and thats not my style. I will have to pick a character or two and try out some of the new talents in the unlikely event that the DK does not appeal to me. I can only hope that if that is the case, I find out via a beta key and not after levelling to 80.

Chickenpox has been killed by Impatience.

No comments: